Garden of Life Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil.
Things to know about this item
- Is coconut oil bad for you?
- It has Raw coconut oil: Our unrefined organic coconut oils are not hydrogenated, bleached, refined, or deodorized
- This item is USDA certified organic, non-GMO project verified, raw, certified vegan, pareve MK kosher, gluten-free, dairy-free
- Extra virgin coconut oil: This pure coconut oil dietary supplement is an excellent source of healthy fat-burning medium-chain fatty acids for weight loss and management
- Cold-pressed coconut oil: This virgin coconut cooking oil is among the healthiest dietary oils in the world and delicious for cooking, baking, and smoothies
- Is coconut oil good for your skin?
- Skin & hair care: This coconut oil for your hair & skin can be used for a deep conditioning hair treatment or natural skin moisturizer
Some of the Possible benefits are:
- Increasing good cholesterol: There are two types of cholesterol: high-density lipoprotein (HDL), or good cholesterol, and low-density lipoprotein (LDL), or bad cholesterol. HDL appears to help reduce levels of LDL, and high levels of HDL may help boost cardiovascular health.
Controlling blood sugar: Findings from a 2009 animal study suggested that MCTs, present in coconut oil, may help preserve insulin sensitivity.
- Reducing Stress: Virgin coconut oil may have antioxidant properties. In a rodent study Trusted Source, it appeared to reduce stress resulting from exercise and chronic cold. Researchers believe that virgin coconut oil could be useful in treating some kinds of depression.
- Healthy skin: Applying a coconut extract to human skin may enhance its protective barrier functions and have an anti-inflammatory effect, says a 2017 study Trusted Source.
- Weight loss: A study Trusted Source comparing two products found that coconut oil was less likely to trigger diabetes and weight gain in mice. Some have interpreted this as meaning coconut oil can help people lose weight.